What does "Green" really mean? Going green is about embracing the principles of environmental responsibility by making different choices that lessen the negative impact on our environment.
Several years ago, Sweeping Dimensions introduced its green cleaning program using products that reduce environmental impact and protects the health and safety of our staff and the clients we serve. Quick disclaimer: by implementing this program does not mean that we do not use a few traditional cleaning methods or that they create unsafe/unhealthy conditions. We have simply taken additional steps towards reducing pollution while continuing to maintain and improve the healthiness, comfort and aesthetics of our clients' homes and businesses.
One of the most significant changes we adopted is the use of microfiber cloths and mops during our cleaning routine. They are environmentally friendly for many reasons. First, they are lightweight and can be washed in large quantities, greatly reducing water and energy consumption. A big plus when the water and electric bills comes in. They also take up less physical space reducing both transport costs and storage space. We have found that there are many other benefits to using microfiber. They are:
- Microfiber cloths are hypoallergenic. Great for those of us who suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Microfiber cloths are super absorbent. They absorb over 7 times their weight in water.
- Microfiber cloths dry in 1/3 the time of ordinary cleaning towels.
- Microfiber cloths are over 4 times more effective than ordinary cleaning towels. They clean almost any stain from any surface, are more plush & longer lasting than other cleaning products and contain more than 200,000 fibers per square inch.
- Microfiber cloths are completely lint free and non-abrasive.
In addition to microfiber, we have also incorporated liquid products as concentrates rather than as ready-to-use mixtures to our green cleaning program. As a result, we use trigger bottles and pump sprayers - no need for propellants. In a small way, we help reduce packaging materials and their potential burden on the environment as well as fuel, vehicle emissions, and other impacts of transportation.
We believe that green cleaning benefits everyone especially those with special needs and sensitivities. In cases were an individual has allergies or illness we address his/her specific needs and make appropriate changes to products, procedures, and scheduling as necessary.