It happens to the best of us when we're on our way home from a busy day wondering what we're going to make for dinner the phone rings and after answering it we're suddenly in a panic to get home and perform a miracle. Our foot seems to suddenly press on the gas peddle as we weave in and out of lanes because company is coming over!! Dinner now is a distant memory. We are now thinking about what to do with a messy house.
I've gone so far as to keep guests in the living room saying "sorry the toilet broke this morning." But that only worked once. Here are a few things I've learned to do after panic has set in and I've reached home.
- Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher or oven. We're ordering out at this point.
- Wipe off all countertops and cabinets to be free of grease and finger prints.
- Clean the toilet bowl and seat. Don't forget to flush.
- Use a microfiber towel and glass cleaner and wipe down any glass and/or mirrors. People always look at themselves; especially, at someone else's house.
- Replace hand and bath towels with fresh ones. Don't forget to change hand towels in the kitchen.
- Try to pick up as much as possible and throw into a bedroom, close the door, and post a "DO NOT ENTER SIGN."
- Light many scented candles throughout your home.
One last tip: don't forget to order dinner. I hope this helps. Good luck!!