As much as I hate to admit it, September is here and its time for kids to start school. With the craziness of buying school supplies, meeting teachers, and working a regular job I thought it would be a good idea to share a few tips that may help keep you sane during this busy time.
- Make a checklist. Starting with all of the things that you would like to see cleaned almost immediately.
- Organize your cleaning supplies in a caddy. Carry it with you as you travel from room to room.
- Divide and conquer. Kids are great helpers (well, sometimes a little bribery is needed) and can help picking up books, toys, xbox games. They can help move small/light furniture in order to vacuum behind them.
- Clean from top down. Dust corners of rooms and work your way down to baseboards. Dust, cobwebs, and dustbunnies settle downwards, so begin your cleaning by dusting ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Focus on one room at a time. Taking each room a step at a time keeps you focused on the task at hand.